2) Can I use your images? Like, for free?
- Well, it really depends on what you plan to do with them. I can think of instances where I might say yes. The best thing to do is contact me and let me know what you have in mind.
3) Do you have anything else available besides calendars? Cards? Postcards?
- Maybe someday in the future but I just don't have the time right now. However, that being said, if you would like a set of 10 cards or postcards featuring one of my images, please contact me. We can work something out! (The set would have to be of all the same design.)
4) Can I buy a calendar even if I don't live in Japan?
- No worries at all. I can mail the calendar just about anywhere (within reason, of course!). Just give me the shipping details and I'll look after the rest.
5) I'd like to give the calendar as a gift. Can you mail it directly to that person's address?
- Yes, of course. When you fill in the order form, just let me know. I can include a brief personalized message and/or a "do not open until..." message on the back of the parcel if you like. The shipping date can also be delayed so that it arrives closer to a specific date.
6) How can I pay for the calendar?
- There are several options. You can pay by credit card using the CREDIT CARD order form. Other alternatives are by electronic money transfer, Amazon gift cards, bank money transfer and post office money transfer. If you have another idea, please let me know! You can read more about these options HERE.
7) Does the shipping fee include shipping internationally?
- Yes, it does but only to countries that Japan will ship to.
8) How does the NON-CREDIT CARD payment option work?
- There are several ways you can send money using this option. You can send an electronic money transfer (if you live in Canada), an Amazon gift card (you need an Amazon account and you can do it all online), or transfer money via the bank or post office (if you live in Japan). When you place your order, I will send you the relevant details so that you can make the payment. Once your payment has been confirmed, the calendar will be mailed. Please see the NON-CREDIT CARD page for more detailed information.
9) I'm a little leery about using my credit card to buy things on the internet.
- Oh, me too! That's why I chose to have this website hosted by Weebly, a platform for creative entrepreneurs. Having Weebly host this website means that it is secure. If you look at the Rebecca Arthur Photography URL, you'll see that it is preceded by “https” which indicates the website is secure and that any sensitive data being sent or received is protected. Weebly also provides access to an online e-commerce platform, called Stripe, to process your credit card information. Stripe has received the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. This means your credit card details are also safe and secure. (I do not see any of it at any point.)
10) So, why haven't you made a calendar featuring Japan?
- I've given it much thought but I'm not quite ready. The calendar template I use requires photos in landscape mode. I usually take photos in portrait mode (my ratio is about 1/40 for landscape mode vs portrait mode) so the images I can chose from is limited. I'm able to manage when the theme is flowers because I take so many flower photos. However, I don't have enough images of Japan that I think are suitable. In addition, most of my images are close-ups. This works with flowers. However, I'm not all that sure that close-ups of shrine/temple details, for example, are what people would be happy to look at for a whole month. I haven't given up though and hope to add more photos over the next year so that I have larger bank of landscape mode photos of Japan to choose from. With luck, I'll have a Japan-themed calendar ready for 2022. (And yes, there is a square mode calendar template as well. However, that means cropping all my photos and that throws off the original composition. So, that won't work either.)
11) So, you raking in the big bucks? (Said in my father's voice - not that he has ever said such a thing!)
- HAHAHAHAHAHA! Whew! Too funny! Joking aside, this is labor of love. The price rarely covers costs and doesn't begin to compensate for hours and hours in front of the computer. Please don't think I'm complaining though! I love doing this and am learning a lot along the way. The aim is to keep getting better and better at what I do - be it designing a website, creating a calendar, or taking photographs. Thanks for being a part of all of this. (^.^)/