- Leave home 30 minutes later than usual - 8:00 am vs 7:30 am.
- Buy the largest Starbucks coffee you've ever had thanks to a gift card from a kind neighbor. (Thank you, neighbour! (^.^)/ )
- Get off the bus one stop early and take a short walk around the pond in the park.
- Discover pink flowers in a sea of broken branches and piles of debris left over from the record-breaking typhoon in the fall.
- Take turns photographing said flowers with a friendly senior citizen who lives nearby. Chat and learn more about the efforts being made to clean up the park. May take decades for it to recover, he says.
- Greet the men who are taking a break from tackling the damage with chainsaws, and commiserate over the size of the job. Wish them all the best.
- Enjoy the colours and smells of fall, and marvel at the resilience of mother nature. Regardless of the destruction and damage of the typhoon, life goes on as it should.
- Head off to the office thankful that my schedule sometimes allows me such flexibility.
(If you know what these pink flowers are, please leave a comment. As usual, I have no idea...)